Friday, January 8, 2010

go me.

I confess...I'm going to brag.

I'm having a hard time right now. Back to full work weeks, "behind" even my modified running goals b/c I've felt awful, still having hip problems.... So, I'm going to tell you (and myself) some vignettes and tidbits that you may not know (though I know them...) about me. All positives.
  • I like to compliment strangers. More than one has said I've made their day.
  • I saved my dad's life once. He stopped on the side of a road to go ask directions but didn't fully put the car in park. It started rolling, he tried to hop in and began to fall under it. I got over and stepped on the brake just in time.
  • I send random "thank you" notes to random people sometimes who've just made me days better or whom I admire.
  • As a camp counselor, I got a shy little girl to yell at the top of her lungs...probably for the first time ever. And convinced her she was smart (she was 5 and could read adult novels to me aloud). I later learned about spousal abuse in her home. I know I was a bright spot for her.
  • I ran a half-marathon in 2007...this from the kid who was so out-of-shape she was excused from the mile run in junior high because she nearly stopped breathing.
  • A professor once said to me "You sling the vernacular hash, but you know what you're talking about." I like that.
  • I lost around 35 pounds. More if you consider that I gained a lot of muscle. That's while dealing with a binge-eating problem.
  • I broke the finger of a 6th grade boy who picked on my friends...we were all in 2nd grade and he harassed a bunch of my friends (all boys) on the bus daily. He didn't bug me (I guess bugging little kids was fine but bugging a girl was not) but I got mad at him. I didn't get in trouble b/c he was probably too embarrassed to tell how it happened.
  • In 4th grade, we did this Book-It thing where you had to read a number of books a month to "earn" a personal pan pizza. The teacher made my goal higher than the rest of the class because I read a lot already.
  • I try new foods and love my veggies after being a VERY picky eater as a kid.
  • I found my IQ test recently. 141. I am told that's pretty darn good.
  • I get up every morning. That's a bigger accomplishment than you know.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Very positive post! I think it's good for you to remind yourself of the good things when other areas of your life are giving you fits.

Hope the hip is feeling better.

said...

blog is great~~祝你人氣高高~........................................