- Dove Conditioners -- My hair is thick and course. A previously touted anti-frizz serum from Avon is still key to my mane control, but I've become a big fan of Dove's conditioners. I've tried a few and all leave my hair nice and soft (NOT its natural state). They are also pretty reasonably priced which is key when your hair DRINKS conditioner (a "dime-sized" amount? try palm-sized).
- Tiger Balm patches -- I have tried LOTS of pain patches. Many are pricey and still offer very little relief. The Tiger Balm ones are not cheap (often $8/5) but they DO help. There is some odor but it is absolutely worth it. I did score a decent deal on Ebay lately...my blogging gig pays via PayPal so it inspired me to come into the 2000s and use the site.
- Simply Saline - MM got me onto this one. I was terrified to try it, having imagined an aerosol hairspray can up my nose! It isn't like that but it does flush things out. My step-dad (in drug development) wondered about preservatives but the kind I have notes it is preservative-free. A neti-pot WOULD be greener, but this is an easier first step.
- Special K Chips -- Yummy and you get a whole bunch per serving. Light but tasty.
- Alka-Seltzer Cold Night & Day -- Honestly, more than the actual medicine, I liked that the pack I bought finally recognized that there are more "day" hours than "night" and varied the amount of pills accordingly. It did help with sinus issues too!!
- Miracle Foot Repair (warning: link "talks") -- Somehow, my left foot was a horrid mess while the right stayed baby smooth. Using this twice a day, under my socks pre-treadmill and under slipper socks pre-bed (never stay on all night...), had made a definite difference. I've done the same with regular lotions and this did actually merit mention b/c it worked better than other products.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
things the rambler is lovin'
I confess...this post comes with a warning. There's a dismaying link between me loving a product and it being altered or disappearing. You've been warned. That said, I wanted to share some random things I've been loving lately. These will be things I haven't touted before (of course, I still ❤ my Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper) and all are just from my experience, none were provided to me (but I'll take thank you samples!!!):