- Really, I could just write about MM but I'll just say that I found the love I never imagined I would have with a wonderful man who can be all macho and fix stuff but still buys a gingerbread-scented candle from the little boy going door-to-door b/c he felt bad for the kid and knows I love gingerbread scent. I honestly had thought I just no longer liked kissing or being held...I just needed the right set of lips and arms.
- I took action, put on my Brave Face and went through major surgery. A lumbar fusion is a pretty big-deal operation and I'm still in recovery mode but there WAS bone growth on my last x-ray which is really encouraging. I keep citing it but the doc said it was among the worst discs he's seen in years (and he does these several times a week) which was such a validation that the pain was real AND gives hope the surgery will help.
- Only one trip so far, though at least three more before the official 33rd year ends, but liking the new physical therapist. I'd seen two in 2010...one I loved, the other felt a bit too much like an assembly-line, factory approach. I'm hopeful this one will get me back into fighting shape.
- Put my past behind me. It took an emotional trip to a Boston courtroom and then a long wait after, but the divorce is final and official and that's good.
- Loving my new Centre County home. I read up on the area when I was looking at a job here summer-to-fall 2010 but came in second. I was disappointed since I'd truly become a fan. Then I met some boy at a party. He lived near State College and it opened a conversation and swears he didn't want to meet the girl he was supposed to meet since I talked to him first. So, I ended up out here after all. Love the fact that most anything I need is close but I still feel like I live in a small town where neighbors wave and the mail-lady asks about my back and chases us down for a signature if she spots us going out before she gets to our door.
- I may still lack the FT job but I can officially say I'm being paid to write. It is just a ghost-writing gig for a attorney blog (largely personal injury but branching out), passed on by a friend when she took a full-time job herself, but it is writing and I get money so it still counts. Another plus is it makes my resume less stale.
- I still have body image issues, but I have also been learning a lot about how I function. I figured out an uptick in endo was tied to the pheromone/hormone change in having a man sleeping next to me after sleeping alone for a while (before the divorce too...partly his snoring, partly emotional). I can tell when I'm getting sick by the endo too. I'm getting better at reading soreness as well and figuring out how to tackle it.
- Silly one -- I perfected the use of Amazon to order cheap books. $3.99 shipping isn't bad when the book costs a penny, especially when it is a book I wanted rather than just a "bargain bin" leftover.
- I know some new folks stumbled onto my blog and that makes me smile.
Friday, December 2, 2011
33, part 2 - the pretty-darn-cool
I confess...it took me a bit longer to sit down to write this than I intended. And I'm totally using bullet-points. The good things that happened in my 33rd year: