- The woman across from me on the T was indulging in a self-massage. I guess it is good to use the commute to relax, but it was a bit much...she rubbed her earlobes, neck, back of her head, top of her scalp, fingers, and wrists for about 20min or so.
- I will be in my 45-50 mpw zone this week, not over.
- I need a break. I've used a couple days off lately but not for anything resembling fun or relaxation.
- I saw an ad on craigslist looking for an attorney to help in a dispute. It said "Must be willing to work for compensation." I'm guessing they mean contingency...
- I got a resume for an attorney job this week where the guy didn't include his JD on the resume (but did have one)
- I have a highly addictive personality. I think it is important that I know that.
- I don't think TV shows should get summers off when I don't.
- I really want to introduce myself to a couple of my fellow habit-driven commuters. I get on the train with the same people in the same spot so often and feel like I "know" them.
- I told Boy I'd see Star Trek. I think I'd enjoy it more if I snuck in a flask and made up a drinking game. Not that I drink anything flask-oriented.
- I understand that people were pissed when they got stuck on the T yesterday during a power outage but it really doesn't seem to me to be at all akin to the accident a few weeks ago and I don't think it shows incompetence.
- I think we probably need some sort of tax increase in MA. Really, it isn't the Tax-achusetts people think it is.
- I do still have some pain but also think the surgery did help a bit...it isn't as bad or as constant. This is good.
- I feel lazier than usual. Work quotas become counter-productive once you meet them and lack any incentive to go beyond them (which would make it harder to meet next week's)
Friday, May 22, 2009
I confess...it is time for another ramble..