- Is it still an attack ad if the opponent would embrace everything in it? There's an ad now that one candidate runs noting the other compares himself to Rick Santorum and opposes a woman's right to choose. I do see the wisdom in the ad, especially in an area that is economically conservative but socially more liberal making a fertile "middle" group of voters. But the opponent wouldn't disagree with the statements...so it is still an attack?
- I went to a small local supermarket today and felt jolted back in time. The aisles are tiny and they didn't need to scan my soda 12 packs (5 for $10 is why I went) even though they were different types...which surprised me since it meant an inability to track stock details.
- I am awaiting a book shipment and re-reading Little Bee by Chris Cleave. I love the following passage:
On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking,
Do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your
dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please
to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers
want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We
must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it
from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived.
- I am glad that bullying is getting so much attention. I went through years of it and it is horrid and awful and technology has made it all the more pervasive.
- I am starting PT again next week. This is good. I hope they take my old PT up on his offer and call to chat with him. I liked him and think he worked to understand me, both in terms of the physical injury and my mental/emotional space around it. I did ask for a PT who'd understand an athlete/gym-rat and that is truly important to me. I think it makes for different goals than a worker's comp or elderly patient. It also means I know my body well and I appreciate someone who talks to me with that understanding.
- Christine O'Donnell is NOT me. Even the people I vote for are NOT me. In some ways, I hope they are BETTER than me. I'm smart and a good person but don't think I'd be good in politics. I could take a candidate saying they'd "speak for me"...though even that seems limited since they speak for many more voices than just mine.
- I think I may be done with CSI: Original. I like Nick and Greg but have been less of a Catherine fan and really can't stand "Dr. Ray." My reaction to him is a lot like my reaction to Goren on L&O: CI...pompous, know-it-all folks annoy me. It is even worse with Ray since he's actually a junior team member.
- I am enjoying today's rain. Okay, I'm enjoying it now that I'm done my gym and store runs.
- More bars/taverns should serve tater tots. And not fancy ones with truffle oil that cost $9. The tot is an underutilized side item.
- You should "follow" my blog. Because I say so.