- I learn a lot from news stories. Clearly freedom is only for those we deem worthy and the actions of the few can be ascribed to the many. As I recall, two white men were responsible for the Oklahoma City bombing. Therefore, white men should not be allowed to build in Oklahoma. Right?
- I get jealous of the people in ads for active senior living communities.
- My body and I are fighting again. Endo pain and migraines, the latter of which haven't been this active in years. It gets pretty draining to be battling inside yourself all day long.
- In college, the bookstore had a tee shirt that read something like: "Any money I get, I buy books. With what's leftover, I buy food and housing." Make it "Food and wine" and I think you've got me.
- My eyelids are dry. How does that happen? My neck is a bit too but I can blame that on blanket chin-tucking.
- Two more interviews this week....one video (at a video center of some sort, not Skype) and one phone. Progress is good. Fingers crossed.
- I've been watching The Middle since I've been back in PA. I enjoy it. I like that the kids are so real and that it is just a simple family comedy...there aren't many of those these days.
- I have also seen ads for Melissa & Joey. I watched that when it was Who's The Boss. Okay, the new one has other wrinkles, but still... It is a bit dismaying to be the age of the adults this time around...
- Alex Trebek gets too long of a summer vacation. I'm in Jeopardy withdrawal.
- I like DVR. While I'm not sure I'd spring for it on my own, I am quite enjoying it while I am here. Project Runway and Gilmore Girls reruns go well with treadmill time.
- There's a lady at the gym who wears a face mask. I wouldn't judge that decision since I don't know her motivations. However, I will judge the fact that I only see it dangling around her neck rather than other her mouth and nose. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.
Monday, August 16, 2010
more ramble ramble rattle rattle
I confess...another series of rambles are rattling around my head: