Wednesday, September 2, 2009

random thoughts

I confess...more ponderings...

  • Why does the Day & Night pack of allergy pills have the same number of pills for both when the typical person is awake twice as many hours as they sleep?
  • What makes something a lie? Is it just the element of untruth or does there need to be an intent? I saw a tv episode where the patient neglected to say he'd been in Fla. when they asked if he'd visited the tropics. The doc called it a lie but the patient clearly didn't think Fla. counted.
  • What does it say about me when a part of me likes it when a trucker honks at me when I'm walking by?
  • Why does everyone walk places in Boston and no one walk anywhere in Atlanta when (for most of the year) the latter has a more walking-friendly climate? Is it because the cities grew up in different eras (i.e. ATL came of age when people had cars, Boston was a big town before that)?
  • Why is the first piece of luggage free on international flights but not domestic, even when some international destinations are a shorter trip than places in the U.S. (i.e. Boston to Bermuda vs. Boston to LA)?

No comments: